The First World Congress Of Persons With Disabilities was held in Yekaterinburg, one of the largest Russian cities with a population of 1.5 million people, located on the border between Europe and Asia, from 7 to 10 September 2017.
It took more than 50 interviews and 8 months of filming to make a film about the First World Congress For Persons With Disabilities, which was held in Yekaterinburg on September 7-10, 2017. What surprised Ekaterinburg guests from 30 countries of the world? What was left “behind the scenes” of a large-scale international event? What is the opinion of the foreign guests about the Congress? We should know the answers in the documentary «To see the value of each»!
The Congress Concept
The Congress Purposes
1. To open for persons with disabilities the possibility of full participation in society life.
2. To motivate persons with disabilities to participate actively in society.
3. To reduce demonstrations of dependent attitude of persons with disabilities «everyone should me».
4. To form the perception of disability as a source of development of both the individual and society.
5. To draw the attention of citizens and the state to the need of creation an accessible environment for persons with disabilities.
6. Show that the available environment is not the number of ramps, but people ready to interact.
7. To update the issues of observance of the rights of persons with disabilities, proclaimed in the UN Convention, confirming the status of the Russian Federation as a state of law, concerned about human rights.
711 delegates of the First World Congress Of Persons With Disabilities attended more than 43 master classes. The participants chose topics and routes themselves according to their interests, education or profession.15 inclusive routes were developed for delegates from 28 countries by the organizers of the First World Congress Of Persons With Disabilities.
35 professional guides in 3 languages — Russian, English and German – conducted tours around the city within the Congress.